Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Weekly update...

I know, I know, my blogging is very random these days. So much to do, so little time.

FIrst, though - thanks to Melissa for her plotting method feedback (when I have a real office again, I may try that!) and to Kelly for assuring me I'm not the only one sucked in by methods, forms etc.

On the plotting front, I had trouble sleeping again Friday morning, so lay in bed an did a lot of plotting in my head. Fortunately when I went to enter all those ideas into the computer later in the day, I discovered I hadn't forgotten anything - well, as far as I know *g*. So I am getting a better grasp on this story.

This week has been busy, though, with house stuff. Yesterday I ran errands, then kept Sean company while he waited for the septic field inspector to come do his thing. Today, I returned books to the library and made an appointment for us to choose kitchen cabinets (yay!) Then Sean and I spent some time together, including going down to beautiful Davis Bay for dinner at the Beach Buoy. The sun was hot as we enjoyed our fish and chips, then took a stroll along the beach.

Tomorrow we go to look at cabinets and I have some cleaning to do, but I also hope to get some ms work in as well. Of course, the Sens play again tomorrow, though I might have to watch through my fingers!!

Work on the house is humming along - the framing is going up pretty quickly. You can see almost daily updates over on my Building Blog.We were able to walk through the outlines of the rooms on the main floor today :) Below is a pic Sean took of me yesterday, standing on the basement stairs:



I'll try to drop by various blogs to comment over the next few days.

See y'all again soon!

Teresa

3 comments:

Melissa Amateis said...

How exciting to see your house take shape! And I would love to be able to go and pick out kitchen cabinets and everything else. How fun!

A walk on the beach sounds quite lovely...

Nienke Hinton said...

We built our own house too. Designing the kitchen was the most funnest part!
Glad to hear the story is coming along in your head. It's great when it finally feels like it's coming together, isn't it?

Kelly Boyce said...

The house is looking great! YOu must be getting so excited to have it done and move in.