Sunday, February 04, 2007

Book Meme from Janie...

Last week Janie posted the following meme - I thought it looked like fun and saved it for the right time. Tonight's the right time :-)

Contemporary, Historical, or Paranormal? Historical novels then Paranormal. Or Contemporary - depending on my mood *g*.

Hardback or Trade Paperback or Mass Market Paperback? I LOVE trade paperbacks. And for certain books, hardcover is great too, but for the sake of my bookshelves, mass market.

Heyer or Austen? Austen. Well, ok, I haven't actually read a Heyer (yet - she's in my TBR pile in storage). But I've loved Austen since I was 13, sooo....

Amazon or Brick and Mortar? DEFINITELY Brick and Mortar. No doubt about it. And if I HAVE to go to an online store, I go to McNally Robinson first.

Barnes & Noble or Borders? Hmmm, I'm in Canada where we have neither. It's between Chapters and McNally Robinson, and I'll always choose a McNally Robinson over Chapters/Indigo whenever possible. My bookstore of choice is an indie called Talewind in Sechelt on the Sunshine Coast.

Woodiwiss or Lindsay? Woodiwiss. didn't like the one Lindsay I read.

First romance novel you ever remember reading? Shanna by Woodiwiss. At least I'm pretty sure it was Shanna - it could've been either The Wolf and the Dove or The Flame and the Flower as well. But I'm pretty sure it was a Woodiwiss. Or maybe a Roberta Gellis, no, no, I'm pretty certain a Woodiwiss *vbg*.

Alphabetize by author Alphabetize by title or random? I'm really picky - I organize by genre, time period and then by author, going by how many books by each I have.

Keep, Throw Away or Sell? I used to keep pretty much everything, but then we moved. And moved again. I've leared to give away (not throw away - I donate).

Read with dustjacket or remove it? Depends on the quality of the dustjacket. Some stay on well while I read, others don't. If they misbehave, off they go!!

Sookie Stackhouse or Anita Blake? Uh, who?

Stop reading when tired or at chapter breaks? Usually at chapter breaks, occasionally when I'm tired.

It was a dark and stormy night or Once upon a time? I'm with Janie on this one - definitely *Once upon a time!

Crusie or SEP? Haven't read either. Have enjoyed listening to both of them speak, but as I haven't read any of their books, I can't really answer this one.

Buy or Borrow? It depends - for new authors, I'll often borrow and then buy (like Marian Keyes and Cathy Kelly). For others, I just borrow and for some, like Elizabeth Chadwick, Jo Beverley, Claire Delacroix, Kathryn Smith - I just buy. Don't even think about alternatives.

Buying choice: Uh, that answer would be waaaaaaaay too long for a single blog posting.

Tidy ending or Cliffhanger? Depends on the kind of book - if it's a romance or a mystery, I want a tidy ending. Anything else, as long as it's done well, I can end on a cliffhanger. Especially if it's a series *g*.

Morning reading, Afternoon reading or Nighttime reading? Usually afternoon or nighttime.

Series or standalone? All depends on my mood. Sometimes I like a series, other times I like a stand alone book. As long as it's well-written, I'm happy.

Favorite book of which nobody else has heard?
Latitudes of Melt by Joan Clark (read my review)

Want to join in? I'd love to read your answers :-)

Teresa

Currently Reading: The Adventurous Bride by Miranda Jarrett
Also Currently Reading: Dark Angels by Karleen Koen
Link of the Day: The Georgian Man and his Wig by Elizabeth Hoyt

1 comment:

Kelly Boyce said...

Great meme - I'm going to use it for tomorrow's blog!