Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Getting back into the groove...

is proving a little more difficult than I thought. I need to get organized and find that part of the story that really got me into it in the first place. Plus, I have to follow through with my intention to work in the evenings. I didn't last night when I most definitely should have. After all, proofing isn't the most onerous task and as it's been a while since I've looked at my complete French Rev ms, the typos and missing words certainly jump out at me when I find them.

I'm pretty certain the mess on my desk is partly responsible, so I'm going to work on that today. Sean has been very patient about it, bless him, but it's time to clean things up. Do you find that when your writing environment is disorganized that you have problems with motivation?

Teresa

Currently Reading: The Greatest Knight by Elizabeth Chadwick
Also Currently Reading: Daughters of Ireland by Janet Todd
Link of the Day: Adams Museum in Deadwood

3 comments:

Melissa Amateis said...

Absolutely. My desk is a mess right now because we're getting ready to install a ceiling on our unfinished basement and so I had to put everything away. But I still have stuff piled in front of my monitor and it's starting to drive me nuts.

Tess said...

Melissa - glad to know it's not just me. Hope that ceiling gets installed soon!!

Jen said...

Yes--I go through phases at the office and at home where my desks just becomes horrendous, then I have to clean it because I can't stand to look at it anymore. I feel so much better after I clean it, but it doesn't seem to hinder my work. Or maybe not at first--I suppose it does when the it gets bad and the pressure builds until I cannot stand it anymore. (o: