Friday, December 15, 2006

Windy, rainy, snowy....

yep - the wild weather continues. We were without power for a couple of hours during the night. Fortunately much of my immediate area is back up now. But....
It was actually very eerie - just after Sean left around 3:10, there were two HUGE flashes of blue light in the sky. Turns out they were power related - either transformers blowing or something similar. Our lights went out then. Of course, I'd no idea if Sean made it down the driveway ok or if a tree had hit something close to us. I phoned him a half hour later and he told me he was fine, and that the blue flashes had been seen in North Vancouver too!! Brought back memories of the Ice Storm of January 1998. A transformer just down the road from us was hit by a falling tree and I remember the same blue light.

On tap for today, power or no, is the wrapping of presents. And hopefully the posting of at least one box! But if the post office has no power... And I'm about 2/3 through the scarf (restarted yesterday afternoon), so the other parcels should go out next Monday. Yes, I'm a tad behind this year, but as far as I'm concerned, late parcels merely extend Christmas :-)

Gotta eat some brekkie now and get on with my day.

Teresa

Currently Reading: The Greatest Knight by Elizabeth Chadwick
Link of the Day: Windstorm coverage on CBC.ca

No comments: