Saturday, September 02, 2006

A day of shopping

Yep, that's why I didn't blog yesterday, I was in Vancouver shopping :-) And managed to actually find some clothes I liked!! That fit me. Not as many as I'd hoped, but at least I made a start. I bought some summer stuff on sale at Eddie Bauer, including a pair of jean capris. Now, get this - they were boot cut. I'm not kidding, boot cut capris. Hmmmm. So I just rolled up the legs a couple of times and they look fine :-)

Then I went to another store and found jeans and a cool wrap around short sleeved shirt. Now it did seem funny to me to still be buying summer style clothes, but it's going to be warm here throughout September, plus I now have a start on next year's summer wardrobe. And in case y'all are wondering, I gave away a ton of clothes before we moved out here, so my wardrobe is pretty limited right now.

Of course I couldn't help getting a book as well - Anybody Out There by Marian Keyes. Can hardly wait to get into it :-)

Turns out, though, the makeup I thought was free of chemicals, wasn't so pure when I actually read the ingredients *sigh*. Very frustrating. So I either have to order online, which is tricky cause you can't really test things out, or just go with the least evil line I can find around here. Oh well.

And lest you think I did no ms work, I spent the morning ferry ride (a gorgeous one, btw) making notes for my contemp ms. On the way back, I met up with my brother & sister-in-law and niece, so we spent the time chatting about books.

And when we arrived home, we all went out to a block party - yummy food, kids for our niece to play with, a wee campfire and lots of dogs running around. Loads of fun.

Lots to do today, including, I believe, a visit to the bookstores in Sechelt. Yay!!!

Teresa

Currently Reading: Book for review
Link of the day: Claire Delacroix on Time Sinks

No comments: