Friday, August 04, 2006

I was pretty certain historicals weren't dead....

but I'm glad I'm not alone in thinking that. Hence my skepticism re the article by Anne Marble. We all know that everything cycles around in this business and the most we can do is write the best book we can and stay true to ourselves.

I made more progress yesterday on my ms. Am about 3/4 of the way through all the little changes etc. Should finish today. Yay. Then I have to find one more person to read through the full. Just to make sure I got them ALL this time. Then I have to look at the synopsis again and rework the query letter. But hopefully, that won't be too bad. After that's, it's off to a couple of agents. I already have a couple picked out, ones I really think would suit. Just have to hope at least one of them thinks so too :-) Then it will be back to Henri and Madeleine and their story.

It's a long weekend here in Canada (except for Quebec). Sean and I don't have any huge plans, though we do want to stop by the Sunshine Coast Wooden Boat Festival over in Sechelt at some point. A childhood friend of his is organizing it this year, plus, it sounds really cool. I LOVE looking at boats, especially wooden ones - very cool. Other than that, I believe he'll play ball hockey on Sunday and there's a good chance we'll do some BBQing for family and neighbours.

Hope everyone has a great weekend :-)

Teresa

Currently Reading: Books for research/review
Link of the Day: The Domesday Book Online at The National Archives (link courtesy of my friend Lori Alpert)

No comments: