Sunday, January 08, 2006

Update on Cleo and Sunday Meme

Cleo Update

She was quiet all day yesterday, then exploded with energy about 11pm - yeah, what a surprise. Keep a kitten from moving much for 12 hours and, surprise, surprise, she wants to run, jump and climb. All things she's NOT supposed to do. We finally had to lock her in the spare room - even then she ran around for about a half hour before finally burrowing under the covers and going to sleep. I left her there an went back to our room. Sean got up around 3:30 and brought her in with us - she behaved till Chloe came in and jumped into the window. Sean has put up new curtains (replacing mini-blinds) and Chloe figured out pretty quickly, even with the curtains drawn, how to jump through the opening between the two panels and onto the window sill from the bed. Cleo immediately wanted to try it *deep sigh*, so we had to lock her away again.

We let her out for breakfast, but once she ate, she and her sister started a game of tag, so she's back in the spare room with her favourite blue blanket, food, water and a litter box. Poor baby - but it really is for the best.


Meme

Rene tagged me with this :-)


What were you doing ten years ago?
Hmm, let me try to remember. I was still working for CANEX as a buyer's assistant and counting the minutes between 8 and 4. My own boss was great, but the less said about his boss and the rest of the management team at that place, the better. However, I made some good friends and learned lots about computers while working there, so I still don't regret the five years I spent there. What else - I was working on my time-travel ms, Trust in Love and also revising my first ms, By Love Conquered (which is now officially packed away). At that point we were also still really hoping for children - I was scheduled for surgery in March of '96. And we were still in our old house, where we were working on the garden, where Scotty and George loved to hang out.


What were you doing one year ago?
Editing What the Heart Remembers, complaining about the winter *g*, and dreaming about moving to BC.



Five Snacks You Enjoy:
1. Popcorn
2. Black licorice
3. Dark chocolate
4. Almonds
5. Did I mention dark chocolate? With almonds?



Five songs to which you know all the lyrics:
1. "Wherever You Will Go" by The Calling
2. Countless Kate Bush songs
3. “Hungry Eyes” by Eric Carmen
4. “You Shook Me All Night Long” by AC/DC
5. “Leather and Lace” by Stevie Nicks and Tom Petty



Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
I'm with Rene on this - a million doesn’t really go very far these days….
1. Donate money to my college for the history department.
2. Donate money to the local food bank
3. Buy my hubby another motorcycle
4. Open a bookstore
5. Open a cat sanctuary


Five Bad Habits:
1. Chew my lower lip
2. Eat too much chocolate
3. Quick temper
4. Forget to floss
5. Get angry at other drivers when I drive



Five Things You Like Doing:
1. Reading
2. Writing
3. Gardening
4. Eating
5. Riding on the back of my dh's motorcyle



Five Things You Would Never Wear or Buy Again:
1. Acid Wash jeans
2. Tapered jeans
3. Anything with big shoulder pads
4. Oversized sweaters
5. Cargo pants



Five Favorite Toys:
1. My PC
2. My digital camera
3. My Palm
4. My photo printer
5. My Kitchen Aid mixer



Five People I’m Tagging:
1. Kelly
2. Annette
3. Margaret
4. Kathryn
5. Gabrielle


Teresa

Currently Reading: Research Stuff
Currently Rereading: First Draft in 30 Days
Link of the Day: Happy Woman Magazine (a parody of women's mags - hilarious!)
Currently coming from my speakers: The Sunday Edition with Michael Enright on CBC Radio One - www.cbc.ca

No comments: