Monday, January 02, 2006

Happy New Year!!!

Welcome to 2006 :-) Ok, so I'm a day late *g*, but better late than never.

We had a great New Year's Eve - went to a potluck party hosted by some good friends. It was a small gathering, but that's actually nicer these days. By just past 11 pm, there were only six people left, so we had a good chat until almost 2 am - we tuned in briefly to Dick Clark at midnight, then went back to listening to music. Much food was eaten (too much, I'm thinking *g*) and we sipped champagne at midnight.

Of course, yesterday I was pretty sluggish and today I'm a tad hyper because Cleo is at the vet being spayed. We dropped her off just over an hour ago. Poor baby was so scared and hungry, but it has to be done. She's coming home tonight - we could leave her there, but there's no-one at the vet's overnight, so we'd rather have her with us and just take her back in tomorrow for a check-up. The house seems so quiet without her!!

Writing News

A lot of us have been blogging about goals so I'm going to throw in my .02 worth. A couple of weeks ago I printed off the Goals worksheets from FDin30D and will be filling them in this week. My main goal is to finish my ms this year - hopefully by the time we move. Now THAT might not be attainable, but at least I can aim for it. I also want to do more active work on getting an agent, so another goal is to submit more material to various agencies and see what happens.

I tend to be fairly conservative with my goals, knowing, as I do, that I need hard deadlines to achieve success. OTOH, I do find setting manageable goals for myself to be useful - it helps to keep my focussed. And with so much excitement this year, it's extra important that I not get too distracted from my writing. It will help keep me grounded while everything around me is in flux. For more on goals in general, see my link of the day :-)

Plotting my story is my first small goal for the year - I need to do some serious brainstorming, so when I start working on FDin30D, I'm not completely lost.

Well, that's about it for right now. There's much housework to be done, something to keep me occupied while we wait to hear from the vet about Cleo. Please send positive thoughts her way :-)

TTFN,

Teresa

Currently Reading: Heloise and Abelard: A New Biography
Also Currently Reading: A cp's ms.
Link of the Day: Sharon Mignery - Challenging Goals? Or Self-Sabotage

No comments: