Monday, October 24, 2005

Motivation and Writing

I just listened to Lynn's audio blog - wow, it could've been me. Despite my strict deadline and my love of this story, I have a hard time getting my a** in the chair and working. Or even reading email! Which, if you know me well, should tell you a lot. I can't blame it on hot autumn weather, but I wonder if it's the change of season that's affecting me. All I want to do is eat and sleep - neither of which are a) good for my waistline or b) will help me finish this GH entry.

So, what am I going to do about it? Hmm, well, I haven't actually entered the GH yet, but I've told so many people about it that I really don't have a choice. Think that's because I don't YET have my Oct RWR. They only just started arriving in this area the other day (two friends reported getting theirs on Friday). And yes, I know that I can enter online, but somehow SEEING the entry form and all the info in print in my hot (or these days, cold) little hand is way more inspiring than just looking at the website.

I think it's also cause we're in limbo over our move next year. Hopefully in another few weeks we'll have a better idea of when it's going to happen - I'm one of those people who doesn't like uncertainty in their life (yeah - I'm a plotter *g*). Anyway, that's still no excuse for not writing.

Anyone have any good motivational tips? I really need help!

Teresa

Currently Reading: Last Chance Saloon by Marian Keyes
Also Currently Reading: Blink by Malcolm Gladwell
Link of the Day: "The Puzzle of History" an article by Sandra Gulland

No comments: