Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Tuesday Morning

Well, so much for the best laid plans.... I didn't quite do what I said I would yesterday. Oh well. Instead I went shopping at Winners. Did I buy clothes? Nope - tried to avoid the clothes. Looked at some coats, but nothing was quite right OR out of my price range. So then I moved over the aisle with books/journals/calendars. Did I mention I'm a stationery slut? Think so *g*.

Anyway, I came home with a new notebook (with flowers on the front above the words "Believe in Yourself"), a really cool Personal Organizer set from CR Gibson (mine is this pattern, though) and a cool Journal called To the Best of my Recollection, in which you answer questions daily about memories from your childhood. Mine is an older version than the one I've linked to, but I figure it's great a) for family history stuff and b) a neat source for writing prompts.

Ok - so yeah, I wasted time that should have been spent writing, BUYING stuff instead, BUT - I'm going to put my new purchases to good use :-)
The "Believe in Yourself" journal I'm going to use to record notes on my revisions and the Blue Toile file folders will hold my timeline, character notes etc (the desktop organizer will make it easy to move from place to place). Yes, I have all that info in my binders, but it's not always practical to carry the whole binder with me. Besides, the organizer looks really pretty on my desk .

Of course, I think part of my problem was I'd only had a few hours of sleep, so my mind wasn't really on working. And I had to drop off a get-well card for a friend who'd had his appendix out.

Today, however, I have no choice but to work. I'm getting my blogging out of the way early, the cats have been fed and seem pretty content. Sean is off picketing and there's not much going on business wise, so I'm going to clear off my desk and get started.

Right - and for those of you interested, I've updated Chloe and Cleo's Blog'!

Teresa

Link of the Day: FIFTEEN THINGS YOU NEVER THINK YOU'LL DO UNTIL YOU GO ON A BOOK TOUR

No comments: