Thursday, June 09, 2005

Teresa tagged me for A Walk Down Memory Lane, so here goes...

Rules are:

Remove the #1 item from the following list, bump everyone up one place and add your blog's name in the #5 spot. You need to... actually link to each of the blogs for the link-whorage aspect of this fiendish meme-age to kick in.

1. Soliloquy
2. Joely Sue Burkhart
3. Larissa Ione
4. Teresa Harrison
5. Teresa Eckford

Next, select four unsuspecting victims, list and link to them.

1. Brenda Bradshaw
2. Kate Allan
3. Terescia Harvey
4. Alex Bordessa


Now to on to the meme ~ List Five Things I Miss From My Childhood:

1) Visiting my aunt in Toronto. She died in 1973, the morning after my 8th birthday. My memories of her are still pretty vivid, though and my childhood changed forever after her death as my grandmother then came to live with us.

2) Running through the sprinkler on a hot summer day. I grew up in a neighbourhood where the kids had a pack mentality. We used to gather in someone's garden and take turns running through a sprinkler. Somewhere at my parents' house there's a photo my dad took of us all soaking wet in our bathing suits.

3) Skiing with my dad. He used to take me across the river to the local ski hill several times a winter. Just the two of us. Then later my sister joined us. We'd always stop on the way home at a little corner store to get a Mars bar each (my dad's favourite chocolate bar).

4) Visits to England. For a while we went over every two years, to visit my mum's side of the family. Hanging with my cousins at their caravan down in Dorset was heaven. We'd walk to Ringstead Beach and sit on the stones, wander back along the cliffs and gaze down at the remains of a wrecked ship, then have a sing-along in the evening with Will playing guitar - that's how I know most of the words to Mr. Tambourine Man *g*.

5) Summers at the local pool. My parents would buy us a pool pass and we'd spend every afternoon there - often even when it rained. As I grew older I seemed to spend less time swimming in the pool and more time tanning on the pool deck watching the life guards!!!

That's me done :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh the sprinklers. . . I used to love that.