Monday, June 13, 2005

So I definitely made the right decision the other day...
Apparently the paramedics here were finding it was the younger people they needed to rescue from heat exhaustion the other day, NOT the elderly or children. Yep, it was those so sure of their own good health who ignored what their bodies were telling them who were treated for problems.

Officially the high on Saturday, with the humidity was 110 degrees F! One of the hottest places in the country. So now I don't feel so bad about calling it quits when I did. Would have hated to have brought out paramedics to treat me for something I KNEW was a problem and just ignored.

Ok - now I'm going to get down to work. Am mostly awake now, but need to go refill my coffee cup.

Happy Monday!

Teresa

2 comments:

Melissa Amateis said...

Glad you didn't faint! I can't handle the heat, either. Give me a nice, air-conditioned house and I'm good to go!

Lynn said...

I'm so glad you had the foresight to stop when you did! 100F? Ugh!