Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Playing catch-up

I was going to post yesterday, but was waaaaay too tired. Had a bout of insomnia that left me really spacey, so while I did my daily hop of the blogs, I couldn't come up with anything to contribute.

Last night I got a call from my indie - First Draft in 30 Days is in! Have to go over at lunch to pick it up. Had I not been so sleepy this morning I'd have volunteered to drop the dh off at the office and kept the car so I could get the book earlier, but I just couldn't get out of bed. So I'll have to wait a little longer. I'm really jazzed about reading this book and will report back soon.

On another topic entirely, while helping out a student who sent me an email (I get these from time to time via my website), I found this cool history site run by a university student in Denmark. It's called Scholiast.org: margin notes for the World Wide Web. He has pages on History, Language, Futurism and Nations, States and Politics. Haven't explored it fully, yet, but it looks like it might be a good place to do basic research. He has a cool links section on The Black Death.

Today Màili is asking which romance novel covers her visitors like best. I had to go with two of them - both appealed equally. Interesting the variety of answers.

Ok - really have to get on with my work, now. Play time is over. I wrote an article for my newsletter about blogging and mentioned the need to know when to stop blog-hopping. Guess I should take my own advice. Have to make changes to my synopsis and then continue with my editing.

Teresa

2 comments:

Lynn said...

You're stopping blog-hopping to work, and I've finished working and have to catch up on blog-hopping. Weird world we live in!

Can't wait to read your thoughts on FDi30D!

Tess said...

LOL - yep, though my work was somewhat interrupted by dh getting home early for lunch. But it did mean I settled down with FDi30D before 12:15 and spent much of the afternoon working through it. So far I REALLY like it. Have started building templates in WriteWayPro to use in future drafts.

Hope you enjoyed your blog-hopping. I always find it even more fun when I've been away from the net for a few days.