Saturday, February 12, 2005

Random thoughts on a Saturday morning

Well, here it is, Saturday again. My husband works most Saturdays, so I spend the time on the computer. Now I SHOULD be working on editing my ms. But the problem is, my brain doesn't really seem to get going till late morning or early afternoon.

Take yesterday, for instance. I was at our office (dh was at his other job again - he's a part-time newscaster with the CBC) and after taking care of the bookkeeping and bills, I didn't have much else to do. So I read blogs, posted to my own blog and then created a new blog - one for my book reviews. That took me to about 1pm.

My ms was sitting in my bag, begging to be worked on. So finally, I powered up WriteWayPro and set to work. At last things flowed and I worked like a demon till just before 6, when I knew my dh would arrive to pick me up.

For years I felt guilty about not writing from 9-5, but now I've finally accepted that afternoons and early evenings are best for me creatively. If I HAVE to, I can force myself to do ms work in the morning, but I never feel the rush, the creative flow till after 10 at least.

Anyone else experience this? Or am I even stranger than I thought?

Teresa

2 comments:

Larissa Ione said...

I have different creative times, too. I TRY to force myself into 9-5 mode, but really, my creative juices flow best in the evening. Which sucks when my husband is home because I can't write. Grr.

Tess said...

Sounds like you and I are very alike. At one point my dh worked 4-midnight on the weekends - so I spent most of that time writing. It was great.

I too find it hard to write when my dh is home, especially if he's been out earlier in the day and we both want to spend time together.

Glad to know I'm not alone with the 9-5 thing :-)